Sunday 17 February 2013

DIARY ENTRY


                               THE DREAM

I had a weird dream. In the dream, I saw a city, which was strange because it began before I even knew what a city was. In the city, I could see the buildings lined up on the street. The city was clustered on the center of a big blue bay. I even saw the boat in the harbor and the sea, which I had never seen in reality. There I saw magical things like carts running without horses. I saw things glowing in the sky. It was a beautiful place and fascinating too. I woke up and I asked my eldest sister Marry about it. She suggested me not to tell anyone about the dream. As people would think about the vague dreams I had and will start considering me odd. I think that was a great advice and I implemented on it.  This was the first time in my life when I had to keep a secret from others; I think it is a stage of maturation.

                           MEETING SOPHIE

I was running the down the bank in a fine speed and landed in a pile of soft sand at the bottom. I glanced around and then my eye caught something in the bushes. There was a girl named Sophie. She was a little shorter than me and younger too. She inquired  what I was doing was fun or not. I asked her to join and as she joined me she started enjoying it. Then her left foot got stuck in a narrow space between two up pointed stones (1). For a while she was stuck there. Later I helped her by cutting her laces and was shocked to see her foot with 6 toes.

              
                   MEETING SOPHIE’S MOTHER

I carried Sophie to her house. There I met her mother. I saw the fear on her mother's face as she asked me what happened and asked Sophie, whether I saw the foot or not. I promised her mother that I would not tell anyone about it. This was the second time I had to keep a secret in my life. I made that promise by my choice; this was another step towards my adulthood. Now I don’t know that what I am being taught is right or not. I have been taught that anyone who doesn’t look like their parents or parent plant are not normal(3). They are considered to be a “MUTANT”. How can an extra toe make someone a mutant?. She is just like me and everyone. It's just that she has an extra toe which makes her odd? How can this be possible? I do not agree to what I have been taught. This way of the world is very puzzling to me.    


                                    BIBLIOGRAPHY

http://arthursbookshelf.com/sci-fi/wyndham/thechr10.html
The Chrysalids novel by John Wyndham

No comments:

Post a Comment